Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Upgrading to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard! :D Switch to Mac! FAST! :D


My very first upgrade of Mac OS X. Upgrading from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.5 (Leopard) was a breeze! Took almost 1 hour 30 mins to do the simple update, you just go through a series of steps and just leave your mac to upgrade. And... my Powerbook G4 of 2 years didn't get sluggish after the update, it was even faster ;) Thanks Apple! :D

I remembered my MS Windows upgrading days... from Windows 98 to windows XP.. and to think that my PC at that time was just one year old! It became very slow... it's system configuration was at the bottom... geesh! I'm so glad that I switched to Mac! I wonder how Vista is doing?! I heard that it's even slow on the new systems! tsk tsk...

My Powerbook G4 is faster after I upgraded!

Now let us compare the system requirements of Leopard and Vista..

This is Windows Vista MINIMUM System requirements.. to be able to run the cheapest version VISTA BASIC...
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 512 MB of system memory
  • 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
  • Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory
  • DVD Drive
  • Audio Output
  • Internet access (fees may apply)
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard MINIMUM system requirements..
  • Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor
  • 512MB of memory
  • DVD drive for installation
  • 9GB of available disk space
  • Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
  • Some features require Apple's .Mac service; fees apply.
Notice the differences?! I put the MAJOR difference in BOLD ;)

next stop.. first impressions on the 300 NEW features in Leopard! ;)

No comments: