Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Desperate Housewives... Desperate RACISTS!

On the eve of studying for 2 exams tomorrow... heard the news about this show.. Desperate housewives, about a line by Teri Hatcher's character saying "I need to check your diplomas.. so that I'm sure that you're not from some medical schools in the Philippines." This was a BIG BIG BLOW to the Filipinos.. especially those in the medical fields. I can't believe that Americans are racists! The nerve of them hiring Filipino professionals to their country! Seeking medical care.. education, etc! I'm sure that this writer doesn't research well! A lot of foreigners prefer to study Medicine here in the Philippines. I bet that this writer doesnt even know that the US is hiring thousands of Filipino nurses until the year 2010! Maybe he should try coming here in the Philippines and see how medicine is taught here! I, for one, is studying medicine, and the training is very hard! It's not an easy task! But I can say.. that Filipino doctors CARE about their patient. We have ethics! We practice STEWARDSHIP. We are trained as COMPASSIONATE and COMPETENT doctors.

I can't believe how ignorant this writer is... Well.. I haven't watched Desperate Housewives yet.. what this show is about.. so I won't comment about this show..

The television network airing this show and the writers and actors SHOULD apologize. In my opinion.. it is also the actor's/actress' choice if they will really follow the script.. I think they should be smart enough and also be very aware of the words written in the script.. if the words contained are offending...

so please sign this petition... http://www.petitiononline.com/FilABC/petition.html

MEDICAL STUDENTS! LET US STUDY WELL AND DO OUR BEST AND SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS IN THE WORLD!



No comments: