Friday, March 21, 2008

Reflections: Lenten 2008

2nd Year of Medicine was indeed not a breeze... I made a promise to myself that I'll aim to get all my subjects' grade in 80+. But I guess I wasn't able to fulfill this promise. I'm quite disappointed in myself... I've tried to change my study habits, but still I wasn't able to reach this goal. But looking at it, I got to learn more about my strengths and weaknesses. I found out that I'm more into visuals and I'm more of a deductive thinker. It's during this year that I understood the basics like physio, biochem, histology, and anatomy. kaya eto nanaman ako sa pharma.. I've asked God for a sign, during my first year, that IF I fail one subject, kahit minor or major, I'll take it as a sign this career path is not for me, that I should rethink my career and goals in life.

This 2nd year, I joined the MedGleeClub, and it was really a fun and exciting experience. Being able to enjoy my first love, music, alongside studying my "calling," Medicine. I joined medical missions of FilChiMSA, and I am enjoying it! Being able to interact with people, listening to them, teaching them what to do to avoid this and that. Very fulfilling... :D

No comments: