Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"Vote Buying"?????

Yesterday, one of the Kagawads of our Barangay approached me. The kagawad asked me who I was going to vote for in the Local Elections (Mayor, Vice Mayor etc.) I answered I haven't really decided who to vote for. Then the kagawad told me to vote for this candidate and his team. This candidate promised to help the Barangay if he got a straight vote from our Barangay. WHAT THE?! The Kagawad told me to vote for them, so that our barangay can move forward daw. Kahit this time lang daw na "pikit-mata" akong bumoto. Kung di daw tulungan after that candidate wins, eh bahala na daw in the next elections. WHAT THE?! What has become of these people!? As much as I wanted to help the barangay, they shouldn't be using this kind of reason just for them to get the votes and the "incentives." Sa kanya na rin na nanggaling na kaya hindi kilala ung barangay namin because we only have a few voters (around hundreds lang daw). Unlike other neighboring barangays na nasa thousands. Should we be doing this just to get noticed by the higher ups?

It's sad but it is the reality.. I have confidence in this candidate, he did well naman during his term. But if he really did went down to this level.. *sigh* does politics do these to people? But definitely I won't be voting straight for the local elections.. There are some people in his team that I don't really trust... may artista pa... tsk tsk.. oh well.. that's Philippine politics for you.

No comments: