Friday, July 29, 2005

Visitacion de los dioses... / Visitation of the gods

Aug 2 to 4, 2005... the PAASCU representatives will be coming to the UST College of Science for Reacreditation.

I saw many changes in our college which started last summer. Renovations renovations renovations.. repaint repaint repaint...

I have no qualms about it. I thought of it as a good thing that ever happened to our college.

But the only thing that i really didnt like was the "scripted" instructions... They gave out leaflets that contained the Vission Mission of the College.. This was... very wrong... in my opinion.. The first time I entered the College, every classroom had a Vission Mission poster. But when i reached second year, these posters were gone.. And now they gave it to us so that we would be INFORMED... I mean.. they should have given these to first years every year! Not only when some people would check our College... Now some profs were asking us to KNOW and BRING the course outlines. At least there were some who told us to act as if it was just another ordinary classroom session.

Awhile ago, I saw some new boxes which contained first aid kits in every laboratory... I was surprised... why ONLY now?

Really.. I have nothing against these things but WHY ONLY NOW? These should have been done before.. And now they are now being very strict with the rules and regulations of the College? It's really disheartening.. OUr college had attained the highest Level of accreditation (Level III). This year was only a RE-accreditation.. I was wondering when the College reached that level was it only a "show" too? Was it only at those days that the college was TRULY a LEVEL III College? Sigh... I wished that some students would now REALLY follow...

The title.. last year, we had a story in Lit 102 which was also titled "Visitation of the gods." It also depicted the same theme as what was happening now in our College. The school in the story also changed some things. They put up posters about the lessons in every classroom.. The teachers became "plastic." BUt there was one teacher who thought of it as a show but in the end she also ended up being one of the "plastic" teachers...

I hope that this won't happen to us.. I hope that after the 3-day inspection, everything would go on... The "script" becoming the "routine"....

No comments: